The Lakes School is:
- a place of excellence and enjoyment where each person strives to achieve their potential in academic, personal and physical development by being challenged to be their best,
- a caring place where each person sees their own contribution and is respected and valued as an individual,
- a place of partnership between young people, parents, staff and governors and our wider local, national and international communities.
- Be enthusiastic about learning
- Try to achieve your full potential
- Be equipped to learn
- Get involved in the challenging opportunities offered
- Make a positive contribution to school and community
- Show respect to all others in our community
- Be healthy and active
- Develop quality relationships
- Care for each other
- Respect our unique environment and appreciate its impact on our culture
Learning: with every student having a broad range of experiences and challenges, both inside and outside the classroom, and receiving first class teaching to ensure that they achieve their full potential.
Caring: where every student is safe and secure so that they can learn with confidence, and where consideration for others and self discipline are developed.
Community: to work as a sports college to be a centre for learning for our whole community and, through this, to provide the best possible opportunities for every person who uses the school.
Excellence through a caring, learning community